Aegis share: Multibagger in the making: Nomura says this logistics stock could double in 12 months!

Aegis share: Multibagger within the making: Nomura says this logistics inventory may double in 12 months!

NEW DELHI: Nomura India says it will possibly double any further.

LPG volumes within the March quarter improved considerably for this logistics firm, the overseas brokerage mentioned in its newest be aware, including that the commissioning of the 4 million metric tons per 12 months Kandla LPG terminal will drive quantity progress in FY23.

The brokerage maintained a ‘purchase’ on the inventory with a goal of Rs 425, suggesting 100% upside potential. The value closed at Rs 213.35 on Wednesday.



Aegis is a recreation on liquids and LPG (gasoline) logistics. The expansion within the LPG enterprise is being pushed by the expansion of LPG imports into India as home manufacturing stays weak as consumption rises with better want for clear gas and better prosperity, Nomura mentioned.

The corporate’s liquids division, which incorporates exterior liquid logistics and operations and upkeep providers, accounted for roughly 33 % of EBITDA within the March quarter. The gasoline division accounted for the remaining 67 % of Ebitda. This section contains the retail commerce of LPG, the distribution of business gasoline and the acquisition of gasoline.

The corporate has just lately gained new capabilities with its three way partnership with Vopak, which is able to enable the corporate to course of extra merchandise in liquids and even new gases equivalent to ammonia and butadiene, mentioned Nomura India.

Nomura mentioned

In Could, the Kandla LPG terminal went reside, in the end paving the way in which for the conclusion of the Vopak deal, albeit with a two-month delay.

The Kandla terminal just isn’t solely a significant short-term quantity driver – Nomura estimates logistics quantity to be 0.5-0.7 million tons in FY23 – however may additionally enhance distribution volumes by 10kt in FY23.

“We count on a collection of bulletins of progress tasks in industrial terminals, new merchandise and additional capability expansions within the coming months. Notice that Aegis has already determined to proceed with 5 tasks beneath the three way partnership with a deliberate capex of Rs 1,250 crore. The advantages of Aegis Vopak JV are presently not properly understood by traders,” it mentioned.

Nomura mentioned gross sales of Aegis distribution have already crossed 50 kt within the March quarter, additional rising the normalization of LPG gross sales to pre-pandemic ranges, and

contribution from the addition of 5 extra LPG bottling crops can attain greater than 40kt quarterly quantity.

The profitability of the distribution section at Rs 5,000-10,000 per ton is sort of 5-10 instances greater than the gasoline logistics. As well as, the acquisition of 0.5 million per 12 months in liquid capability in Kandla may even assist sturdy liquid quantity progress, it mentioned.

The corporate reported a 46 % year-over-year enhance in internet revenue of Rs 102 crore for the March quarter. Revenues have been up 108 % 12 months on 12 months to Rs 2,104 crore. Whereas the gasoline division Ebitda grew 22 % yoy to Rs 111 crore, the normalized liquid division Ebidata stayed near Rs 54 crore.

(Disclaimer: The specialists’ suggestions, ideas, views and opinions are their very own. They don’t signify the views of Financial Occasions)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.